Error 30103 / 30104 is an indication that there is an issue with the connection between the programming cable (USB 3.0 Micro-B / the odd shaped USB) and the Max device. Another cause would be if the programming cable copper wire has been damaged. It can be a bit fragile but there should be a short reminder on the programming cable case, on how to insert them.
What I would suggest is to remove then re-attach the components, from the battery, the programming cable and the MAX device/s, to make sure they all connect properly.
Please go through the steps below to ensure a good connection. While doing these steps, do not place the hearing devices in your ear just yet. Keep them flat on the table, while you go through the tuning process. If it goes through, then you can pick it up to put it in your ear later on.
- Disconnect the programming cable from the iHear MAX and the iHear USB.
- Disconnect the iHear USB from your computer.
- Plug the iHear USB (rectangular device) into the computer first.
- Ensure that the USB component is snugly fit in the USB port. Not all ports are the same and some may hold onto USB devices much more securely. If you can jiggle the device, look for another port to connect your device to. (tip: most PCs with USB ports in front and back of the tower tend to have USBs that hold on more securely located toward the front). USB devices in general work in conjunction with your computer and its hardware. Some USB devices may not work right away, so it's just a matter of plugging them in again or on another port.
- Insert the end of the programming cable (USB 3.0 Micro-B / the odd shaped USB), into the iHear USB (rectangular iHear device).
- Open the battery of the MAX device, place in a working battery.
- Close the battery door half way, insert the other end of the programming cable (cable with the copper wire trace / red and blue dotted cable) to the slit on top of the battery door; making sure to match the colors (Red for right ear, Blue for left ear). They should be facing each other or facing up (There is also a colored dot on the device itself).
- Do not push the cable all the way in. It does have an indent that doesn't fully go inside. If it feels like it won't go further, don't force it, as the trace might bend and break it
- Close the battery door, push down to ensure it is closed completely.
You can also refer to this link for a visual guide:
After making sure all components are attached properly, go through the tuning process once more. If you currently have the Tuner open, please close and restart the software first.
For this troubleshooting, you may want to go through and test one side only ( insert programming cable to Left Ear Only or Right Ear Only ) If it works or if it doesn't, then do the other side. This will help isolate connections.
Don't forget, keep the devices flat on the table, until you are told to put them in your ear and do not tug or pull the cables when placed in your ear.