This particular scenario usually happens if your computer ran into some issue with installing device drivers on your system. Easiest way is to just plug the iHear USB to another USB port.
If you're on Windows though, there are ways to check and troubleshoot this error, where you'll need to uninstall the drivers from your computer's Device Manager. You can follow the steps below. If you're not used to going through the device manager, we have a tool for it that comes along when you install our software.
- Open Device Manager (Start button – Search for device manager or type in devmgmt.msc)
- Look for iHear USB Device under “Sound, Video and Game controllers” which is where it should be if it installed correctly. You can also look under “Other Devices”, which will mean it was recognized but didn’t install correctly
- If you see iHear USB Device under “Other Devices”, right-click on iHear USB, then click Uninstall
- Disconnect the iHear USB Device and re-connect back to your computer
- If it’s not there or you're not sure where it is, unplug then re-attach the USB device to your computer, possibly using another USB port, while Device Manager is running. Changes should take place in real time within the Device Manager window, which should show you the new USB device being plugged in to your computer (if it has a problem, it will have a yellow exclamation over it), then determine if it’s under Sound, Video and Game controllers or under Other devices.
USB removal utility / If you already have our software installed
You can download them here:
- Open the IHTuner folder on your computer. You can find it under "Local Disk / This Computer -> ihear -> ihtuner". You can also do a right-click on the Desktop icon, then click on "Open File Location"
- From the installation folder, locate the "usb" folder and open it
- You'll be shown 2 folders inside. 32 bit or 64 bit. This selection will depend on your System Type (You can check this via: Control Panel\System and Security\System). If you're not sure, please check via the System page first.
- Right-click on "iHearUSBRemovalUtil" application
- Click on "Run as Administrator"
- After it completes, remove the iHear USB
- Restart the computer, plug in the USB and try the tuning once more