Although uncommon, the iHEARHD may be accidentally swallowed due to is compact size. In such instances, DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING.
- If accidental swallowing has caused choking or respiratory distress, take action immediately! (See choking guidelines for human children and adults and for pets)
- Check mouth for in case the device may be lodged there and, only if very easily accomplished without injury to yourself, remove them.
- Contact your doctor or vet immediately for advice as to the next steps required. These will vary depending on the time of ingestion and the symptoms exhibited.
The best way to solve this problem is to prevent it from occurring
- Store the iHear HD in a secure location when not in use.
Users have found that inserting the devices into the toolkit before storing both toolkit and devices in the travel case to be a great way to preserve battery life while keeping track of the devices.
- Keep the iHear HD away from young children and pets.
It may not be possible to prevent young children and pets from putting things in their mouths but be present and keep an eye on what they're chewing.
- Use a comfort tip that is the correct size.
This ensures optimal functionality of the device and reduces the likelihood that the iHear HD will come loose.