This is important for your own protection to insure that there are no medical issues (contraindications), which may require help or advice from a hearing health professional.
If you experience symptoms that are associated with contraindications below, please consult a hearing health professional before using the iHear Test.
- Visible deformity of the ear
- Fluid or drainage (not earwax) from the ear within the past 90 days
- Sudden, rapidly progressing, or changing hearing loss within the past 90 days
- Spells of acute or chronic dizziness
- Hearing loss on one side that worsened in the past 90 days
- A recent or current ear infection, a plugged-up fullness feeling
- A punctured eardrum
- Conductive hearing loss, or air-bone gap
- Excessive wax buildup, or a history of excessive wax buildup
- Foreign object stuck in ear canal
- Pain or discomfort in the ear
- Ringing in one or both ears which began or worsened in the last 90 days